Submitted By: someone
Answered: March 23, 2018 2:03 am

Can I take my adult disabled child as my dependent on my 2017 return?

You can claim your child as a dependent, regardless of age, as long as you meet all of the requirements. For example, you child can’t have gross income in 2017 of more than $4,050 and you must furnish more than half of his/her support. Note: For 2018 through 2025, there is no dependency exemption.

Tax Glossary

Accelerated depreciation

Depreciation methods that allow faster write-offs than straight-line rates in the earlier periods of the useful life of an asset. For example, in the first few years of recovery, MACRS allows a 200% double declining balance write-off, twice the straight-line rate.

More terms