Submitted By: someone
Answered: January 15, 2018 12:27 am

I have been bogged down in an IRS audit. I can’t seem to get the agent to look at my records so we can settle things. What can I do?

If you are experiencing difficulties with the IRS, know your rights as a taxpayer. Read the Taxpayer Bill of Rights ( Also consider contacting the National Taxpayer Advocate service ( And you may want to engage a tax professional who can represent you in this matter.

Tax Glossary

Section 179 deduction (or First-year expensing)

A deduction allowed for investments in depreciable business equipment in the year the property is placed in service.

More terms