Submitted By: someone
Answered: November 19, 2018 10:21 pm

I’m 72 years old. Can I take a qualified charitable distribution from my SEP?

A qualified charitable distribution (QCD) can only be taken from a traditional or Roth IRA. It cannot be taken from a SEP or SIMPLE-IRA. However, SEPs and SIMPLE-IRAs can be rolled over to an IRA and then QCDs can be taken from the IRA.

Tax Glossary

Itemized deductions

Items, such as interest, state and local income and sales taxes, charitable contributions, and medical deductions, claimed on Schedule A of Form 1040. Itemized deductions are subtracted from adjusted gross income to arrive at taxable income. The amount of itemized deductions is also subject to a reduction when adjusted gross income exceeds certain limits.

More terms