Submitted By: someone
Answered: November 8, 2018 1:50 am

Is there any special tax deduction for my child who has autism?

If you itemize deductions instead of claiming the standard deduction, you may be eligible for an itemized medical deduction with respect to treatment for your child’s condition. Depending on the severity of autism, you may want to look into ABLE accounts or special trusts that will help your child financially throughout his or her life without causing the loss of any government benefits to which the child may be eligible.

Tax Glossary

Qualified dividends

Dividends received after 2002 and before January 1, 2011, that are taxed at the long-term capital gain rate.

More terms