Submitted By: someone
Answered: June 18, 2018 10:52 pm

When I took a distribution from my employer’s retirement plan, taxes were withheld. Can I deduct these taxes?

Federal income taxes withheld from a retirement plan distribution, which are listed in box 4 of Form 1099-R, are claimed as a credit on your return against the taxes you owe; they’re reported as taxes that you’ve already paid for the year.

Tax Glossary

Education IRA

See Coverdell Education Savings Account.

More terms